Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why Am I Here - Part 2

Is it all out of vanity striving for the perfect body? I don’t think so, that train left the station about 30 years ago. So why do I continue on this path called Crossfit? I look at the entire cycle as being broken down into three parts. What goes through my mind as I roll out of bed on the day of the workout? Injury is always lurking. I must weigh my options, scale-down the weight or run the risk

BEFORE “3, 2, 1, GO” That cold uneasy feeling of impending doom. Brace yourself and deal with it. Here comes the monster.

DURING This stage can go either north or south; it’s a balancing act. Heed the trainer’s advice… concentrate on form and control breathing. I must focus on my breathing. Funny how something so simple, can get so out of whack with a little exertion. Looking eye to eye with confrontation is not always a pleasant experience. Keeping it together under duress is my goal. A positive side effect I have encountered halfway into one of these grueling sessions is a clarity that sets in and allows me to keep going. This feeling is not guaranteed to show up at every workout. Sometimes, it is just painful to the end and I do my best to just suck it up without looking too pathetic.

AFTER The final phase has its positive and negative effects as well. The down side is reflecting back where you fell short…. I could have done better… should have pushed myself harder. On the upshot, I finished it.

Next thing I know we have rolled right back into the BEFORE stage.

With the risk of plagiarizing someone else’s words, I considerate it a privilege to
workout with the folks @ CFJAX.

CC

No comments: