Monday, May 26, 2008

From Our Very Own - Steph

"I just wanted to let you know how much I am missing the workouts with the group. I have been following the CF HQ website and getting through the workouts, but it is definitely not the same. There's no element of "fun" when you're just doing the workout on your own. I realize that fun is maybe not the first word that comes to mind when considering the workouts you are doing there (or at least inflicting on people there), but the camaraderie and support (as well as the coaching) definitely make it a much better experience.

I have checked into my squadron up here but am still looking for a place to live. The gyms on base (a fitness center and a "field house") have proved adequate so far for doing WODs, and today I discovered a Fit Trail that has stations for pull-ups and dips. No bumper plates in the gym, and not a lot of space in either of them. Lots of machines, of course. There is one erg in each, although the one in the fitness center tends to slide on the floor if you put much effort into rowing, so it's really only good for warming up. But I'm getting by for the time being.

I keep an eye on the website to see what fun new things the aspiring mad and sadistic scientist is coming up with. Looks like you have lots of new people (and a lot more workout times to accomodate them all). At least that should ensure that I have somewhere to come back to in a year and a half!

Thanks for all the good times and great workouts while I was there. Tell Meghan I'm expecting her to post something about her cert so I have an idea of what to look forward to up here!"

Take care,
Steph

2 comments:

catchme said...

We (I) miss you Steph! I enjoyed all our talks and times spent at the pain factory (i.e.-the gym) I also miss your wicked cool callus trimmer tool! I have yet to take my butt over to the pharmacy to buy one for myself...

Anywho, I'm assuming that you gander at the site from time to time and hope that you'll see this. I've got your email address and I plan on keeping in touch until we meet again :)

Until that time... stay in shape, take care and be safe!

Ryan

CrossFit JAX said...

has it been a year and a half yet, steph? get your ass back down here...MA'AM lol